A collection of interesting things I’ve discovered this month:
- json:api - This is an interesting way of structuring the JSON responses from your REST API. I’ve not come across it before but seems worth being aware of.
- Advanced StructureMap: connecting implementations to open generic types - A good article for describing what
- NJsonSchema for .NET - A free alternative to Json.NET Schema which seems to work pretty well.
- Awesome Console - JetBrains Rider plugin for making URLs/paths in console output into hyperlinks.
- Aggressively tuning Cosmos DB (the long way round)
- Solution-wide Nuget package version handling with MsBuild 15+ - You can use a
Directory.Build.targetsfile to pin package versions at the solution level. You can even specify a range, for example
<PackageReference Update="AutoMapper" Version="[9.0.0,10.0)" />means greater than or equal to
9.0.0and less than
10.0. Here’s a full example from IdentityServer4: Directory.Build.targets